PCX2400 repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a PCX2400 showing dead short between all three legs of a bank of A1303's, I pulled one A1303 from the board and the 3 terminals on the board still show a dead short.

Q23,Q240,Q20,Q36,Q27 are all showing dead short.

I checked the power supply transistors for a dead short and they all appear fine.

Any thoughts on what's causing the dead short?

The amp is pulling around 6.5 amps at idle, the bank of output devices opposite the blown A1303's on the other side is warming up quickly and I noticed the amp pushes the speaker cone up even with no audio?

The amp has been repaired previously, looks like whoever repaired it only replaced a couple of output devices and power supply transistors on both channels.

There are no shunts on the bias headers

20170801_184530_zpsstckm2ir.jpg
[/IMG]

20170801_184537_zpso2a3kznr.jpg

So I managed to do some further fault finding, and the rsults are as follows

Removed all output transistors and found two shorted Sanken A1303 output transistors

In the right channel I re-installed 2 pairs of output transistors which had tested ok
Powered the amp up and the current draw with remote applied is 6.5amps
The amp produced clean audio
The two A1303's on the right channel are heating up

the left side HIP4081A Fet Driver ( U9 on the board ) is heating up
R46 has burnt out ( I think this is a result of the failing HIP4081A )

I figure U9 will need replacing and may have been the cause of the left channel problems to begin with?
R46 will need replacing.
All the output transistors will need replacing on both channels

any further suggestions before I order the spares would be appreciated?
thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.