dreamin of building crazy subwoofer enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i love repurpose building, taking something old and creating something new and unique. I want to take these two old home stereo speaker boxes that I had turned into shelving and make a crazy subwoofers enclosure for my truck. My plans so far is to take out the backseat of my extended cab and build a subwoofer enclosure that goes across the entire truck like a bench seat along with amplifiers other stereo equipment and some sort of storage. i'm always building crazy stuff but have never built a subwoofers box before. I need some tips to get started, i have 2 jl audio 10w3v3-4 subs i want to put in these floor standing boxes(10"×30.5"×16" each). i need them loud and low maintenance and sound good for rock & metal, i cant decide if i want to do 1 big box for both subs or seperate. i am also toying with the idea (leaning heavily towards it) of taking the sealed box the subs are in now and building these around it, making it a quad 10" sealed & vented enclosure/rear seat. some helpfull do's & don'ts would be appreciated. keep on keepin on

Last edited:
I would start by looking up the manufacturer suggested box volume, or model your box in one of the many box calculators or download and learn WINisd. The floor standing boxes I think are already to big for those subs, and you are talking about going larger.

I had some V1 12W0's under the extended cab seat in my old '99 Chevy Silverado 2500 and they sounded great. The subs were in just over 1 ft^3 each. Your floor boxes are nearly 3 ft^3 each, and you are dealing with a smaller driver.

I can't really make sense of the rest of what you are saying at the end. Do you have 2 or 4 of these subs? Are they in enclosures already? Are you saying you want two ported and two sealed? I'm confused...

Good Luck,
Jason

I have those jl's and 4 cheap 12" dual DLS12 subs that i'm currently pushing in my home stereo,i eventually want to build one custom unit in place of my backseat that can be sat on, has 2 or 4 subs ported, has 2 subs sealed, has places for amp racks, distribution blocks, capacitors, wiring, etc, and some storage for other misc stuff (work tools, spare truck and stereo parts)...so, what i decided to do is build everything around the sub enclosures and focus on them 1st. i will experiment with the 12" Duals and those home speaker boxes first, have done some research and thinking of turning each floor box(technics model sb-2665) into an L slot ported type box, trued again to upload pictures and it still keeps failing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.