massive audio p1500.1 in protect mode

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found a single bad npn driver and replaced it but I still have rail voltage on the speaker outputs with a single output in each bank. I'm not getting the drive signal I'm expecting which lead me to the driver board where I have proper voltages but no low side drive signal. where to next? TIA

Do you have a scope (assuming yes)?

If so, pull the rectifiers AFTER discharging the rail caps. Clean all pads to confirm that you have no solder bridges.

After you do that, you can connect the scope ground to the 3rd pad for the outputs and the scope probe to pad 1 for the outputs for both the high and low output groups. That will allow you to check the drive signals definitively.

I found a damaged resistor on the driver card that must have come from when I pulled the top off and removed the potting. Can you give me a value for the missing resistor in the pic so I can replace it before I test for drive signal?

Attachments

• circled driver card.jpg
    circled driver card.jpg
    590.9 KB · Views: 105
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.