Rockford Fosgate T1000bd Repair help.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know that I can not handle the repair by myself. But this one is my amplifier so I had to try to repair it. I been trying to learn as much as possible on a few amps before now to educate myself. I definitely need help. My amp has blown all the ps fets violently. I removed them from the board. I think that a row outputs are shorted. I don't know where the drivers are for them. I have the ps fets and driver transistors already in stock.

Board 2006

Attachments

• IMAG0368.jpg
    IMAG0368.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 139
yes i pulled the output Mesha i believe was failed and 2 of the 4 are shorted the other two are ok> Do you know where the drivers are located for the outputs? ans possibly a part number if different from the ps fets, i replaced them already. (had them in stock from a rockford i previously worked on with perry

You need to check All components between T200 and the four outputs driven by that transformer. Check for open junctions as well as leakage in the transistors.
http://www.bcae1.com/temp/rockford - powerT10001bd-1405-51669-04.pdf

Connect only ground and remote and check the drive signal at the gates of all of the power supply FETs AFTER replacing any that appear to be defe4ctive (either burned, shorted or with open junctions).

I'm not sure how to test the transistors in q201-q202 ect nor the ED 7CA imprinted diodes, located D208-D215 I checked them all by resistance in circuit to see if I noticed any difference most of the diodes tested at .505k and the transistors pzta56 4.99k 1-3 and the 06's are 91.9k with the exception of q203 and 206 is 14.61M and q218-q215 are open..

You can compare the readings from one half of the circuit to the corresponding component on the other half of the circuit as long as the probes are placed the same on the components. If it played clean audio without drawing excessive current, it's likely OK.

I don't understand what you mean about 'low audio'. It's OK if you didn't drive it hard but if you had the gain at max and drove it hard and the audio was low, it may have other problems.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.