Orion 2250sx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got a orion 2250sx that will not power up. Originally I checked the outputs and powersupply for defective components and it looked good. I applied positive and negative no remote yet. And a tantalum cap exploded on pin 5 of one of the optocouplers. No need for coffee anymore at that point haha. I replaced the cap and tried again cap did not pop. Powersupplies both had ~14v but no rail voltage activation. LEDS were found to shorted cause of the leads and on broken. Pretty sure that's not my issue. Continuity checked the spier sensor to make sure the y were not issue. And both read short and I am assuming they open up under high temp. From my reading the second set of recitifiers feed the 7815 voltage and that feeds the tl494 is this correct because I have little to nothing divinely not 14v. Any help I will order some optocouplers dice I don't have any

Started chasing short but ran out of time I know I remove the rectifier and the 2488 but make sure I didn't install in wrong direction

Attachments

• 20170709_050248.jpg
    20170709_050248.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 91
Perry the amp powered up just fine and produced audio. What I did notice is one powersupply is running on the rail voltage. One side is producing 58v and the other channel is get 30 volts. Looks as this powersupply in question has had issues as there are brown resistors. This was probably the original problem now that I have treated the symptoms

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.