2 Alpine Type R 15 getting hot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So.. I had one Alpine type R 15 (4 ohm dvc) in 4cuft box(32hz tune) on Hifonics brutus bxi6000d (2kw on 2ohm) with 0 gauge wire, 75a alt, 2x 55ah batteries and it was working like a charm.. subwoofer was moving 15-20mm in one way no smell and he was cool.. and now I put another Type R 15 so two alpines wired to 1 ohm (3kw on 1ohm) and subwoofers are not moving even 8mm in one way but getting hot.. do you know where could be problem? My lights are not dimming so I think electrical is good enoguh. what you think?

Car loudspeakers are notoriously low sensitivity and if you can get 3kW out of your amplifier, a lot of that is going to be heat in the speech coils. As a matter of interest, if 3kW is being produced, not allowing for loss in the amplifier, the current draw on 12volts is 250Amps. How many alternators are you running?

Well alpines have 87db sensitivity and they are rated at 750rms.. but can take a little more.. So I'm trying to get atleast 1500rms from that amp. I have only one alternator 75A but two 55ah batteries.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.