Alpine MRP-M500 not working

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not experienced with high-power amplifier circuits and need some help. This Alpine MRP-M500 had a blown fuse when I got it. With a new fuse still nothing. The blue light does not come on. It looks like the 12v stops at the first transformer T9001. And the second transformer appears to be open. Is it worthwhile to try to find this transformer? Or is there likely to be other blown parts too? I couldn't find any shorted power transistors or regulators.

I don't think that there are any windings connected between the primary and secondary. The diagram below is from the 1000.

Attachments

• mrp1000partial01.png
    mrp1000partial01.png
    88 KB · Views: 125
As I said, I'm not experienced with high power audio amp circuits, so maybe I'm making a mistake. I only have 12v power hooked up to it while I'm testing. No speakers, no input signal. I'm thinking that because the blue light doesn't turn on, there is a fundamental power issue. When putting my digital ohm-meter across the output transistors, FETs and diodes, I can detect no shorts.

The 9000 series parts are power supply. They produce power for the rest of the amp. If the 494 doesn't have 12v, it's not driving the power supply to produce voltage so the rest of the amp won't have voltage.

More often than not with these amps, the output transistors fail and force the amp to shutdown (so the control IC won't drive voltage to 494-12).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.