Klampyz van

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi forum.

I used to have a decent setup in my van.
Pioneer headunit deh-3050ub
Us audio bone crusher2
Fusion re-am45020

Have now added a sansai zeh-600amp and a "audio master" am-4560

So now I have restarted with a truly blank canvas.

Have started a dash of sorts

My current sub box. Which has 4x 10wxv2 JL audio woofers on the way for it, hornresp says I'll get 145dB @1/4 space.
Box has 4 chambers, 57L each with 2x 75mm x 600mm ports. resonant frequency of the van is 38.

Doors are current project using a pair of cheapy 150w 8" paper cone drivers, fusion en-fr4020 and a pair of infinity 5" coax from a Jeep xj. Doors will be controlled using a minidsp 2x4 kit.

I'll continue to update this thread as my automotive thread on other forums haven't got much to add regarding the audio side.

I'm building to be a Dual purpose rig. First being to enjoy while driving and in it, second is to use as a PA style rig when at car shows with doors open and gate up. It acts like a big horn when it's all open which is super cool.

My first sound off got to 128.8dB @38Hz using one pair of pioneer 10" drivers in a grossly undersized box. 180L and two 75mm ports.

Haven't had it measured since but I'm confident I'll get into the 40s with the JL drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.