Tweeters overpowering in new install

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I just installed my first system since high school and here is what I put in:

Head Unit: Avic-4200NEX
Tweeters: Seas Prestige 27TAFNC/G
Mids: Zaph's ZA14W08 w/ passive crossovers
Subwoofer: Dayton RSS265HO-4 10" in a 0.7 ft^3 box tuned to 30 hz
Amplifier: Alpine PDX-v9

This is installed in a 2013 F-150, the tweeters are installed in the A-sails of the door and the sound is very clear but they are really overpowering my mids and become fatiguing to listen to very quickly... I did turn down the highs on my EQ on the head unit but I am still not happy with it. It sounds ok... I am especially happy with the way the subwoofer turned out and the tweeters are very clear and detailed but just too fatiguing to listen to. I am wondering if I wire the tweeters out of phase if this may help at all? I also considered adding an L-pad attenuator between the crossover and the tweeter. I have no experience in working with a DSP at all but I am a fast learner if I am pointed in the right direction. What are the best resources to learn how to properly set up and adjust a mini dsp? Is this the route I should go?

No, I am only using two of the four channels as each channel produces 133 watts rms and the woofer requires 60 watts rms and the tweeter 90 rms. I purchased the five channel thinking I may add rear fill or add a kickpanel midbass SEAS Prestige ER18RNX on channel 3 and 4. I used the stock wiring to the door, wired that to the crossover then split that to my tweeter and woofer. I can take it off and wire the tweeters directly to the amp but if I wanted to permanently wire them that way I would have to drill new wires in the door which I was hoping to avoid but is not that big of a deal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.