Amp installation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so, you are telling me that I can convert my 4 channels into 2 RCA outputs, instead of using the one RCA output that my HU has?

Also, if i'm installing a 1000-1600 watt amp, do I need a capacitor? and what reading should I look for (farat), I think that's how is called.

Does anyone know where I can find layouts for HU, Amps, woofers, etc installation?

Thanks for any info....

as suggested, you can run a single RCA cable from your HU's single pair of outputs then "Y" that cable at the amp to feed both pairs of inputs on your 4-channel amp

assuming that you would use that amp to drive one set of front speakers and another pair of rear speakers...you would lose the ability to fade from front to rear from the HU's controls, however you could "fade" using the input gain controls of the amp

if you don't intend to drive 2 pairs of speakers then you don't need a 4-channel amp (or 2 pairs of outputs on the HU)

hope this helps

Anyway either you need a 4-channel or a 2-channel amp, you should buy a 4 channel amp. This is beacause the price difference is so small, compared to the benefits you will have with a 4 channel amplifier. These are

1) you can bridge the 4 channels into 2 getting much stronger output

2) you can use the extra 2 channels to drive a subwoofer if you ever decide to

3) you can use the amp with any future head unit with four rca outputs or at any future car with more speakers.

4) you can drive your component speakers (or your next component speakers if you dont have any right now) seperately using an active crossover or the build-in active crossover of any future head unit you might buy, to get better result.

I hope this helps :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.