Memphis 16MC500d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have two of these amps with the same problem. Both came to me blown. Both amp output fets and power supply fets burned. Also the power supply driver board had failed driver transistors so I replaced them.
With just the power supply driver board installed the amp will power up. Has rail voltage and both +\-15 volt supplies. Rail voltage is +\- 60 volts.
But if either of the other boards are installed the amp will not power but will pulse between green and red.
I have also replaced the both oamps and both the MC14060BCP and LM316n ic's.
Thoughts on this please
And thank you.

To get the amp to power on I put the correct driver board in. I had mixed them up when comparing the two that i have. Hate to admit that but I am not perfect. There was a extra pin on the board that missed my attention.

And to answer your question on removing the audio driver board does the voltage go away. Yes. no voltage on the speakers once removed.

Attachments

• 20170120_122730.jpg
    20170120_122730.jpg
    721.5 KB · Views: 73
You could have a leaky, shorted or open driver. The low value resistors on the emitter of the drivers also fail. Also confirm that the Zener diodes D841 and D851 have 12v across them when the amp is powered up (may have to repair other driver board issues first).

Attachments

• IMG_6209x.jpg
    IMG_6209x.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.