Alpine MRD-M501 no output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
display and controls active, no rail voltage. No 5V from pin 19 of ic301. Everything else seems to be correct for voltages around the IC per the service manual other than pin 23 vol_det. but that looks like it will be dead with no rail voltage. Only .2V on ic606 pin 1 (power supply control) manual says 2.5. 4V on pin 2 when should be 2.5 as well. Most of the chip is missing power from the lack of 5v from ic301. No shoirted outputs or power supply transistors. Is there something im missing that would shut down power to that pin or??
Thanks

well I must say, I feel really stupid about right now. Couldn't understand how any of those protection circuits could work without some sort of output from the power supply. Figured it was mostly cause I am just learning and just dont know. Decided to download the owners manual to see if it displayed the fault if the amp is in protect mode. Turns out there is an output disable option in the menu. Turns out the output was disabled. enabled the output, shut down amp and turned it back on and now +27V and -27V. Who in their right mind puts a disable output option in an amplifier??? Oh well i guess ill put the output FETs back in tomorrow and see what happens. If it works the guy that was throwing it out will be pissed, ill have a new amp for my truck and learned a few things along the way.
Thanks for your time Perry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.