Mtx thunder 7402

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It had z44s but amp look like it has been repair several times.

Attachments

• IMG_20160909_132417.jpg
    IMG_20160909_132417.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 133
I don't have anything on this amp. You should at least try to get the information from MTX if no one else has specific information.

I don't know what the original FETs were. You could probably use the IRF3205. The gate resistor in many similar amps is a 39.2 ohm but it's not really critical. You could use something slightly lower in value (and may need to use something lightly lower with the 3205s).

It's strange that the PZTA06s failed. The current through them is limited by the fans. Do the fans function normally if you apply 12v to them?

3205s with 22ohm gate resistor installed, amp power up and idle ok.It produce clean audio but there still a problem.If i set gain to half way there is a pluse of DC going to the speaker causing it to push the cone way out.It happens so fast the meter does not have the time to capture the voltage.If i set gain back down to like 1/4 and i increase the input signal i don't see the problem.

The 10ohm resistor on the pre-amp board test ok.Two of the op-amps on the pre- amp board show voltages on most of the pins but i think they control the LEDs circuit.The rest i see no offset.Any ideas on this one?

no reply from MTX yet

Attachments

• preampmtx.jpg
    preampmtx.jpg
    661.8 KB · Views: 84
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.