rockford p5002 one channel is out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't know witch are the audio output mosfets. I can't find much info on it.

Attachments

• 20160701_200618.jpg
    20160701_200618.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 97
What do you mean when you say a channel is out?

IF it's dead but the amp isn't drawing excessive current, operate all potentiometers and switches through their entire range to see if the dead channel ever makes any sound.

The output transistors are the large transistors on the left of the amp. The power supply transistors are on the right.

Replace and tighten all clamps before applying power.

when I hook up one speaker to channel 1 it works good. I hook same speaker to channel 2 it does not play. if I hook up the speaker bridged it works but i'm thinking maybe the amp is only puting out half of it's power. I checked the fets on the left whith a mm on diode and they seem ok ,but the four little ones on the back to the right dont seem ok. I tried all the swiches but I will try them agin. thank you for your quik respons Perry.

Yes it turns both channels up. when I turn up the left channel it's very low with loud distortion pops and cracking noises. By preamp do you mean the signal coming into the amp itself? from the source? I hooked it to my galaxy s7 ear phone jack going to two rca plugs. To the input rca's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.