power wire to altonater " tricky " help fast ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My altonater has a long plastic harness looking tower on the power side, the battery factory wire is at the top of this tower and under the red cap on the tower is a bolt but no wire is there plus I can't get to that bolt so can I just add the awg upgrade to that location at the top of the 'tower" ?

Ford focus 2000 se wagon zetec engine dohc.. type this in Google to see my altonator and grey tower thing also .. remember my factory wire is at the top of that tower not under the red cap so can I add my awg wire there also. ? I ask cause people say under the cap online but I assume that tower has a bolt u Der it so both spots work
Please help I am trying g to d this now lol

Thanks

This is the " tower " thing I spoke of

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-02-01-50-12.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-02-01-50-12.png
    219 KB · Views: 86
I'd take the audio power positive feed from where the cars positive attaches, so if that's the 'tower' on the alt E rnator......
Make sure that you use decent crimped on spade ends on the audio power cables - Alt > Fuse > amp - as well as on the earth which is best earthed to a rear seat belt mount using a crimped on ring end.
Dont skimp on positive or earth wire diameter - make it as big as the one from alternator to battery.

Ok.... So for anyone looking to do the same .... Take a wrench and place it right on the plastic tower under the bolt and turn it the opposite way as you turn your ratchet to loosen the bolt.... This will keep it from snapping the plastic part, also the power wire attaches there so it should be fine. This method makes it a breeze to do the big 3 on the Ford focus 2000 se wagon zetec engine.... Loosen the bolt attach the wire and wala your done with the power wire. Run two 4 ash to be a zero awg and your good after the grounds which are easy one under the air box the the right of the battery follow the small ground wire there, other goes to the engine I think can't find it yet and not needed the engine to chassis is left side by steering fluid container connects to engine mount.... Any questions ask.... Wanted to share as this is a audio site here to help others. Find it odd noone knows how to add a power wire on a alternator lol whatever it's done and now new comers will know as I just gave the run through on this pain in the *** plastic tower.... Pop the antifreeze container off and the solonoid above the alternator and push wires over after unclipping those harnesses to make room the reach this tower and get a ratchet And a wrench on it.... Glad I did it myself and can help others. Fuel pump I did also along with starter ect so any questions ask and I will help anyone as I like to help it's why I'm here.... Thanks to the few who at least tried to help.... Added pics to help

Attachments

• IMAG0295.jpg
    IMAG0295.jpg
    631.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0294.jpg
    IMAG0294.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 36
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.