Rockford P1000-1BD Help or schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a RF P1000-1bd in the shop.

It powers up fine, but no output. I did the usual and checked the power supply transistors and none of the 4 were bad, BUT there was a bad 6.8v zener bad. (big burn dot in the center). Replaced it and all of the supplies are good.

I still have no output, I do not have any drive coming into the drive IC U2000 and U2002, in fact pin 2 of U2000 is 4.81 vdc, which cause the IC to conduct very hard.

Question is, I assume the drive should be on Toggle A and Toggle B. And I do have BD input (clean audio).

The BD diagram I am working with is from a 2500BD amp. which is close, but if the right one is out there, would be appreciated.

Well, I replaced both of the 5110, thinking the same. U2000 gets very hot and draws down the supply (10.1 ) to 3.81v. I lift Pin 7 of the 5110, and the supply is returned to normal. I thought the drive transformer was the cause, so I remove it, and the supply still stayed at 10.1 v.

I ohmed the transformer out, it reads .4 ohms, but so does the other one.

The fact the Pin 2 is high (4.81v), and Pin 4 is low, leads me back to the BD board. In the past, when I troubleshot these, I always had drive waveforms. Not in this case however.

Seems like the drive originates from the BD board, to a HC74 IC (which I assume is 74HC74) . The 6 volt supply, that had the burnt zener, feeds that IC.

Am I wrong on my thinking? I have the BD board out now, and I am attempting to figure it out.

And I did see a carrier wave.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.