Kicker zx1000.1 power badge flashing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I've bought a 2010 Kicker ZX 1000.1 from ebay.

I wired up my car (2004 Mondeo 2.0 tdci) I connected the power to my apm.

But the kicker badge on the top flashing approx 4 fast and again. And the protection led blinking 1/sec.

The leds keep flashing even if i disconnect a sub and rca leads.

I checked the voltage with multimeter I have 12.8v and 14.5 with running engine.

Is anybody has any idea what is wrong?

Many thanks

Are you using Remote,DC offset or audio Turn on?

Check the Turn mode switch,it may in between switch positions.

Check with a voltmeter to be sure you have voltage(approx 12 to 14Vdc depending on turn on mode), black probe on power ground.

A remote wire from head unit is the most reliable method, audio Turn On being the least reliable. Although the method depends on what you have available.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

If your comfortable exploring the main board, remove cover and locate the four output mosfets right behind the two output coils roughly placed in the middle of the board.

This may be best performed on a bench or desk top,kitchen table etc. Be sure to disconnect power and allow the amp's filter caps to discharge.

With an ohmmeter check between all three mosfet leads for any low ohms ,anything less than megohms or kiloohms is suspect. The outside leads of all four output mosfets should read about 32 kilohms.

Last edited:
Do you have a scope?

And can you post some info about your level of working with car audio and electronics in general. It will help myself and others when offering advice about this amp. Also, with anyone, I recommend you read through Perry Babins Basic Car Audio Electronics web page Basic Car Audio Electronics It's a great starter for doing this kind of DIY repair and I personally own his BCAE cd which has been a valuable resource!

If your comfortable exploring the main board, remove cover and locate the four output mosfets right behind the two output coils roughly placed in the middle of the board.

This may be best performed on a bench or desk top,kitchen table etc. Be sure to disconnect power and allow the amp's filter caps to discharge.

With an ohmmeter check between all three mosfet leads for any low ohms ,anything less than megohms or kiloohms is suspect. The outside leads of all four output mosfets should read about 32 kilohms.

Thank you the help!

I have a multimeter, i tried to check the mosfets, but i always had different value.

I have an Kenwood KDC-BT73DAB headunit.
I have 70Ah battery.
I have bought 4awg power leads for the amp.
I have 100amp fuse after the battery.

I know 0/1 awg power lead recommended for my amp. But i have only a 400w sub (dual 4ohm).

I going to holiday after next week, to visit my family, and my mate knows a very good amp engineer who can check it and fix it.

Be more specific about what your seeing when you check the output mosfets. What is the resistance between the outside leads, middle to outside leads. Post what you measure, and label each lead as follows:

Q105
1 to 2
2 to 3
1 to 3

Q106
1 to 2
2 to 3
2 to 3

Also, check the power supply mosfets in the same manner. You should see about 10kohm across the outside leads, everything else should be high, you may see the resistances rising, after a few seconds this should settle and read in the Kilo ohms or higher

And so forth. The resistance between 1 and 3 should be 32k ohms, everything else should be high Kilo ohms and meg ohms. If your not sure have your engineer friend help you.

Does there appear to be anything burnt, especially in the power supply?

If your getting 12 volts or better from your battery it should not be an issue. It will be difficult to try and troubleshoot the amp in your vehicle. If you or your friend has way to bench test this amp, you may won't to do this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.