HiFonics BRZ2400.id Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What are the chances that someone has a scrap amplifier ?

I am looking for 1 power supply transformed for this amp, mine has a short from primary to secondary and rewinding the entire thing is quite a bit of work.

Here is the chassis minus the one transformer.

Attachments

• IMG_2067[1].jpg
    IMG_2067[1].jpg
    645.7 KB · Views: 92
I had to removed (3) LV power supply windings, and 1 of the dual secondary windings to get to the shorted winding. Even after that, the actual short was 3/4 of the way into unwrapping it.

They really packed the winding into the toridal core, the only thing left is the primary windings, if I don't get one from this post (not holding my breath), I will rewind it.

I have a few here myself, but it seems like this particular model is a bit unique. The primary side has the primary windings paralleled together.

The secondary has 3 addition smaller windings to supply the Low voltage section.

It also uses IRFP064's for the power supply mosfets.

I have a BX2200D that has the same board lay out as yours in the first pic. Down fall is its a good working amp. That being said at least it gives you another search option.

I sold all the big hifonics I had once they were repaired. BXi2600D are easy to come across, they may be the same as well. I have a BX2006D but it looks different.

Long time lurker, first time poster, had to as I'm literally in the middle of repairing my own BRZ2400.1D.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but it's relevant I swear! :p

I'm going to be replacing all the transistors, mosfets and gate resistors (last two for the second time)

I'm just curious, how do you test the transformers? Is it just a continuity test? Wondering if mine might have also melted / blown a winding.

My amp had +12v and GND connected for approx 5 mins (wiring pulled out).

Mine blew all gate resistors and power supply mosfets, which I replaced (not knowing about the transistors) and when plugged back in, it blew them all again.

I've just bought a new BRX2400.1D to replace it, but would still like to get this one going too.

If I can't fix it this time around I'll be scrapping it however, so you'd be welcome to the transformer providing mine isn't also stuffed hah.

In my case, the primary and secondary are shorted. There was a trace burnt, and when I repaired the trace it caused a short directly across positive and negative of the incoming power. I removed the transformer, and confirmed the short.

If you need help troubleshooting, you can get help in the forum. Or PM me for specifics on this amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.