Alpine mrvm500.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
pin 16;15.

Attachments

• rg.jpg
    rg.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 107
  • rg2.jpg
    rg2.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 107
That's about what I'd expect. The DC is very nearly 0v. It is essentially the same as the DC voltage measured across the speaker terminals.

If you want to measure the DC voltage with your meter, you could insert a low pass filter. A 0.01uF cap across the meter inputs and a 10k series resistor inline with one of the meter probes should remove enough of the carrier to allow your meter to read correctly.

Cheap palm size multi meter reads infinite in 250VDC scale.

One of my amplifiers exhibits almost the exact same problems as yours. I get a sinewave with the amplifier receiving a 100Hz signal but when loaded with 4 ohm. Nothing. It acts like it shuts down. Unloaded the sinewave does look weird. I don't know if that's maybe my probe or settings buts it's not a smooth wave. I'm sure our amps have the same components bad. Just one of had to find them. :)

To anyone who has an open amp and a scope... What sort of signal are you seeing on pin 12 of the driver IC?

For mikep28:
How did you solder the large IC in place of the narrow IC? Did you simply fold the legs under and solder to the original pads?

Perry, do you want the signal on my non working amp or one of the working ones I have? I can do it when I get home. Got two RF 300-1's on bench right now. Should have them working pretty quick. Then i switch back over to alpine hell :)

The IC was exactly the same size. I was shocked too. I'm not sure they even knew what exactly it was aside from the very basic specs they had. All I could tell was they have pretty quick access to middleman just about anything they don't stock.

All I saw on the scope was a straight line. -57vdc . x10 and 5V/div - a little over one block down and straight...

I was in a pretty big hurry this morning. This was taken from my nonworking amp. It looks like I have same components as the poster had bad. ZD4901 shorted and D3601 open (? - not sure on that one tho) I need to crack open the working ones I have to confirm. 3205's are new and so are 4321's. Q4901 appears good. Well at least its not shorted. Don't know what its suppose to show in circuit.

The 300-1's took a bit longer than expected. I guess my first ebay screwing. 36P15's ... Got a bunch of real nice resistors in a pretty case :( out of 20 I had 4 that were good.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.