LMS-Ultra 5400 18″ subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I just bought my first car and am desperate to find just somewhere whether in the US (I live in the UK) where I can order 1 or 2 of these subs for my car. I read all about them a year or 2 ago and thought that they were the best car sub out there, question is, are there better options for less money? So I read these LMS subs were around £650 "each"

I'm looking for these subs, or subs that are literally just as good and also what is the best car amps to run 1 or 2 off? I'd prefer if I had 2 monoblock amps to drive them.

As for normal rear shelf speakers I think I will go for some Rockford Fosgates as they seem to be quite powerful as I want at minimum for 20cm or some 6" x 9"s to be 250w minimum RMS, same as front door speakers, 250w RMS as again what is a powerful amp? I was thinking of going down the Cerwin Vega road.

The car is a Subaru 2001 model.

Parts express was the only place that sold them in the last several years, if they dont' have them anymore, nobody does, at least new..

They are honestly a bit low distortion for a car audio subwoofer. You don't need something with that low a distortion as unless you've done A LOT of car treatements and listen only while parked, the distortion from the other sounds in the car will far outweight the difference the sub is making.

On the SPL side, you can get louder subs that are still very good sounding and low distortion in their own right.

If you want something that still works well in small boxes and is low distortion in the 800ish dollar range, I'd suggest a Sundown NSV3. They are easy to get a hold of, MUCH more durable than anything TC has ever made, quite abit louder and has similar xmax with way more xmech. Even a zv4 would be a great replacement for your application and likely compares closer to a LMS ultra in every way except distortion. (zv4 has a very nice klippel result in it's own right)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.