Rockford Fosgate M600-4D, Has power, No output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok so a co-worker gave me this amp because it "didnt work". Upon testing I found it powered up but had no output. I found evidence are arcing on the power input as well. My suspicion is that someone hooked the amp up with the input polarity backwards. I found a couple bad IRFB4227 MOSFETS on the output side of the amplifier so I replaced every 4227 MOSFET on the amp as well as the power supply U1520G rectifiers, and the IRF3205 MOSFETS. After replacing the MOSFETs and Rectifiers I have a good 30 Volt on the source leg of all the IRFB4227 MOSFETS, so assuming all of them are out of the box good, that would mean the problem is further down the line. There are also four 7812F and two 7805F TO-220 Voltage regulators on the top/bottom of the board I did not replace yet.

This being a fairly common amp I was hoping someone here might have a schematic for this model and could help me out a little bit with my repair efforts. I have a link tot he overview pictures attached as to not fill up the entire thread with photos. Let me know if closeups on anything are needed. Any help offered is much appreciated.

M600-4D Amp | Photobucket

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.