Alpine MRD M500 - E3 Error

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Im after some help with my alpine MRD M500, when plugged up it is showing the error E3 - which points to a output section. If the output section is switched off via the menu the unit will power on fine but hence no sound.

The error has occurred since (fault of mine) i removed the sub box for extra loading into the boot and forgot to disconnect the amp fuse. The amp was left on with the wires dangling in the boot. I suspect they have touched together causing the issue.

I have followed articles online to see with regards to the output transistors to see if any are blown, there is no sign of any burnt or smoke damage in the amp. I believe to test the transistors i will need to remove each transistor from the board? (is this correct)

Can anyone point me in the correct direction of what i need to be testing? I would love to accomplish getting the unit repaired by myself and get it running again :eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.