Audio Setup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think this would technically be the best place to place this thread.
I want to setup a car audio system and use it for my audio system in my entertainment room. I know this is possible but I also want it to look cool and be under $2,000 [USD] Speakers brands MUST match.
Subwoofers: Amazon.com: Kicker 10C124 Comp 12-Inch Subwoofer 4 SVC (Black): Car Electronics
Enclosure doesnt matter, but if not Kicker then Kenwood or Amazon.com: MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D 1,200-Watt Dual 12-Inch Sub Enclosure: Car Electronics
Speakers: http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-07DS35...id=1431843388&sr=1-4&keywords=kicker+tweeters
Header Unit:Amazon.com: Lepai LP-S60 4 x 25W Desktop Amplifier with Remote/USB/MP3/SD/FM: Electronics
I will need an amp, what would be recommended? As for making the project look good, I am building it into my desk and I am not including that in budget. As for the feasibility, I have been told to run the stereo you can use a computer power supply and short the power pins to bypass the POST and it will power it fine.

Hi there, given your 2k budget i am suprised at the low quality speakers you have selected. Due to this, I would just run those coaxial speakers off that headunit and allow for a 250-500watt class d monoblock (from any reputable brand) for the two subs.Then just get a 12volt battery and run a charger to it to use the car amp at home.

For 2k you could get a reference quality system with car audio gear. I would suggest replacing your coaxial speakers with some component splits (woofer + tweeter) as a minimum if you wanted to spend bit more than $29 of your 2k budget on the most important speakers.

Hi Mate, dont worry about being new its better to ask than to not know! Some tips on getting a lot of bass 1) Need big speakers 2) Need big Power 3) Need to maximize results!

The speakers you have chosen are low quality because they will distort a lot and sound harsh at even low volumes.

Lets see how we can get the max bass out of your budget:

1) Speaker size. Instead of the puny 3.5 inch main speakers you have chosen try to get 6 3/4 inch component splits. These come with a 6 3/4 inch woofer, with a separate tweeter and crossover. You will get much more bass from these. Get 2 pairs if you are feeling bassy. For subwoofers, try two 15 inch subs or four 12's.

2) Power. This will be hard at home as it will have to run off a battery. Therefore, try looking for class D amps only. Use a 4 channel amplifier for the two set of splits with at least 50WRMS per channel. Use at least a 500WRMS monoblock amp for the subs. You will now need a large battery to run this at home. Get the largest battery you can find or you can even hook up multiples. If you will one day use your amps in your car then double the power I mentioned above, as you car charging system will help provide more juice.

3) Maximize results. Use ported enclosures for the subs and woofers. This will produce the most bass per speaker. If you want even more bass, there are more complicated sub woofer enclosures you can find here on this site but will probably have to be custom made. Putting the woofers up against the wall and subs in the corners will generally sound loudest. Also when shopping for speakers try and look for speakers with high efficiency rating.

As for speaker recommendations, just pick a reputable brand you like and see what fits your budget. Personally for Car Bass I prefer JL Audio but you can get more bang for your buck from other brands.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.