Sub Rumble

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hope this is the correct place for this post, just registered here.

OK anyway, to my problem. My sub makes a rumbling sound, resembling thunder BUT it only does it if my car engine is on.

if i only turn to key to on or accessories it works perfectly fine, and theres no issues with it, however as above, as soon as I start the car it starts to rumble.

just some additionaly info, when my car is on accessories I believe my car battery is buzzing/humming leading me to believe its on the way out, and perhaps not putting out enough power, could that cause the rumble?

my ground point is through an existing bolt on the floor of my boot, I attempted to scratch it down to bare metal, but now sure how effective that was.

anybody able to help or point me in the right direction, please?

sorry for the delay.
Sub: 10” 360 Watt Active Tube Enclosure CS-AT1100 (nothing special but it was a gift so trying to hook it up)
headunit: Alpine INE-W940E

Today i re did my ground, and for about 30mins it would work on 80% of car starts.
left it for a few hours, tried again and two out of two it failed, and rumbles.

did i not do my ground good enough again, or could my dying battery cause this?

Sometimes the headunit fails to turn on, and if I use the usb to attempt to charge my phone it repeatedly vibrates on and off to suggest I'm removing the cord and re applying it, made me think the power supply was not enough. Back to the HU sometimes failing, when I start the car sometimes it takes 2 minutes to power on, and all my setting are reset

I am using RCA from HU to sub. I am using remote wire from HU to sub to signal it to power on

the rumble stops when I disconnect the RCA
however the only way my sub is connected is via RCA.
it has a place for high level input designed to connect to each of the speakers (I assume this is the built in amp) but I have not connected it, the wires are too short to reach so I need to get more before hooking that up

after playing around with my ground some more its happening less often. im not sure how I can make it any better, ive sanded it back to bare shiny metal, the bolt is secured tightly and it is properly connected to my sub.

Last edited:
I have not checked, I do not have an OHM meter handy, however I will have one soon.

so this can go one of two ways, if the shield ground is not intact, ground them would fix the issue? (Ive seen diagrams of people fixing it themselves with some spare wire)

if however it is in tact, any further advice?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.