Head Unit Problems..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alright so this is a bit of a sticky situation.

I own a KW-V20BT JVC head unit. Ive use this head unit for just about 10 months with no known issues. It was wired into the stock harness of my 09 Civic SI. I had to do a little bit of rigging as the car had the premium audio system with a factory installed amp. So basically just use the remote power from the deck to add power to the factory amp and use the factory wire to the speakers.

Now 10 months later i purchased a Kicker KX800.1 Mono amp and Kicker L7 12" sub. Ran the power hooked up the sub, no sound. Re checked all the wires and used a Headphone to RCA to check the AMP / Sub was working correctly which lead me to believe bad RCA cable. Volt meter on the cable at 3/4 power from head unit is 0 volts. Checked it at the source, lead on the shield one lead in the pre out 0 volts. checked the ground of the shield came back 0 ohms. Tried all 3 4v pre outs.

Ive check all the setting and owners manual to see if there was a controller for the pre outs or say a sub on off. The only thing i can think is maybe because i have the harness from the deck wired into the speakers its not sending signal to the pre outs? or are they just fried?

I called im still within my 1 year warranty but they said it will take over a month to repair due to backlog of business.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.