Memphis 16-MCD1000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Perry I am working on another Memphis MCD1000 I cant seem to figure it out I thought I would see if I could get your input

With one side of the output fets pulled out if I power the amp up the power and protect flash back and forth also the other side of output fets start getting hot and I get some sort of chirp sound

If I remove the PWM board near the rca jacks the amp powers up fine

also I am using a known working PS driver board

Hey Perry nother question for you I thought I would see what your thoughts are here so I ended up replacing all new PS mosfets 3205 Irf9640 and Irf640s all have been replaced the amp powers up fine and audio appears to be working as well

My issue is if I disconnect the +/- and remote within seconds and power the amp back up it seems like the transformer makes a loud buzzing sound like it is straining power if I leave it running like that for about 30 seconds I notice the PS fets start getting hot as well

if I disconnect the amp wait a minute reconnect it works fine this wouldn't have anything to do with the waveform ringing in the transformer you was referring to like in the MC1.4000 I am working on would it otherwise the only thing I could think of is a resistor is slightly off

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.