PPI pc21400 noise when power on after a repair - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Old 9th March 2015, 03:16 AM   #1
dmuney is offline dmuney  United States
diyAudio Member
Exclamation PPI pc21400 noise when power on after a repair

Ok bought a PPI pc 21400 off eBay amp worked great then a few months later it started to have low and distorted output so I removed back cover and found 1 rectifier had a broken terminal and a resistor looked to be burnt by the power supply input it was a 260 ohm 3 watt so I replaced both components I also tested all transistors all test good so I reassemble amp. I powered up with a 100watt 2 ohm resistor in batt+ just to be safe and when I power amp on I makes a sound like your frying bacon . Amp draw with no input or output connected is only 1.75 amps , no school current on speaker outputs. I read Perry's artical about the two small boards and there issue according to Perry's tests they are ok. I'm concerned and frustrated with this repair any help would be deeply appreciated. The person I bought the amp from has been a great help and if I can't repair it I'll send it to him for repair I'm just trying to save $100+ and not have to ship it. Perry if you read this the fine gentlemen that I purchased this amp from said you were his teacher and when I was having problems in the beginning he told me go to Perry's site I said I've read your site 5 times from start to finish I just need to buy the full version. Thank you to anyone who could help me with this problem. And before you ask no I never powered up amp without back cover ok I did but only after I made some bars to clamp transistors down tightly thanks.
Old 9th March 2015, 07:22 AM   #2
dmuney is offline dmuney  United States
diyAudio Member
Talking fixed

load limiting resistor was problem removed and amp works perfect

Hide this!Advertise here!