bridging cd head unit and stereo to mono

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Two basic questions, but first the background.

I am rebuilding a 1973 240z. Not much room for gear, so I am going minimalist with a simple 4 channel CD head unit (they only seem to come with four channels) and two Focal 6x9 speakers in the base of the rear hatch facing forward.

1. Since I will only have two speakers, is it possible to bridge the 4 channel output of the head unit into two channels, thereby increasing output? If so, what is the best way to do this? Is these going to screw up the impedence to the speakers? What if I just run both right channel speaker wires to the same right speaker?

2. With only two speakers in back of me, stereo imaging will not be good. So, my thinking was to just go mono. Is there simple way of combining the stereo signal from the two speaker wires into a mono signal to be fed to both speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.