Butler ? Tube Driven amp/s For free.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I am seeking a schematic for a butler td1250. I can not find anything on the amp. I
Found the TUBE DRIVER TD275 and believe it is 1 in the same.

I am offering anyone that can assist me with schematics for this amp or similar. A New OLd Stock PCB like the ine pictured in the link below. Which is the amp I need info on.
I am not below given two in exchange for vital info.

Below are two images I took. And the 3rd is a PDF of a amp I am almost positive was made by the same company.

THank you

http://www.sketchlab.com/butler/butlerlg.jpg
http://www.sketchlab.com/butler/logo.jpg
http://www.sketchlab.com/butler/ltd275.pdf

The original Tube Drivers were made by PPI, and it looks as though the info you've got is on the PPI versions. Do you know how old the boards you have are? You didn't happen to buy a whole lot of them from someone off the car audio forums did you? www.tubedriver.com is the websight for Butler, but I believe that the 1250 was actually a PPI amp. I've written them and since they are no longer made they seem to be resonably forthcoming with info on the design. Hope that helps. Send me an email, I may be interested in purchasing a board, even if I can't find you a schematic.

Thst is the manual.

http://www.precisionpower.com/ppipdfs/tdmanual/td1250.pdf

Is the manual. It exaxtly like the 2150 manual exept the output specs.

What I am trying to do is finish a few. I got them from a friend who know nada about them. They power up, warm up, and tubes lite up.

Can someone tell me how bright the tubes should be? I mean these are dim. I could not guide my way through a dark hall or even see the pcb 3" from the tubes if I were in the dark.

1 think also on a few boards there is a small PSB about 1" x 3/4"
Labeled "Savior MK 1". It is a free standing board connected by 6 wire. They seem to be a by-pass or alt. route for a f ew resistors on caps that are clearly not installed on the main board.

I like the manual and appreciate it.
And still hold up my offer of now 2 boards to the person who can give me the schematics or words to help me get full operation of a board.

Thank you

dunderchief said:
The original Tube Drivers were made by PPI, and it looks as though the info you've got is on the PPI versions. Do you know how old the boards you have are? You didn't happen to buy a whole lot of them from someone off the car audio forums did you? www.tubedriver.com is the websight for Butler, but I believe that the 1250 was actually a PPI amp. I've written them and since they are no longer made they seem to be resonably forthcoming with info on the design. Hope that helps. Send me an email, I may be interested in purchasing a board, even if I can't find you a schematic.
Actually, PPI was the 3rd group to make them, and the PPI version was not the same as the origional Butler design that he , and then Phaze audio produced. BK didnt like what PPI had done with his name and design so he got it all back, and now is producing the Tube Driver Blue. The 750 and 1500 models where the orginal That Butler and Phaze created.....

He is right. Butler was the ones that did the first design and man. of the Tube Driver amps.

The tubes run fairly dim. The design calls for then to be running the only a % of there rated plate voltage so that they will hold up better to car audio dumps and potholes.

I have 9 2150s, 8 in one car being water cooled, one backup.

I am an electronics tech by trade and i will search, turn over some stones and see if I can come up with something for you and me both.

So I've been talking with both the tech's at PPI and BK Butler himself. There's some argument as to who actually owns the schematics to the PPI tubedrivers. PPI claims that when Butler bought back the rights to the name that he also received all materials pertaining to the designs. Mr. Butler on the other hand has no knowledge of the actual schematics of the PPI design, but does indeed own the name and all the rights. He says he knows where to aquire the schematics and I'm waiting to hear back from him.

dunderchief said:
The original Tube Drivers were made by PPI, and it looks as though the info you've got is on the PPI versions.

The original Tube Driver were designed completely by BK Butler of Butler Audio and were then produced by Phaze Audio. PPI aquired Phaze Audio, if I remember correctly in the beginning of 1998. After that PPI decided to design those boards that you displayed.

Hello All,

I may have the answer for you but someone needs to do a little work. All I ask is someone send me the schematic by email if they get it. I have the same board (I bought on eBay) and it requires a piggy back board in order for it to work. I found out the hard way because I blew a Focal midrange without this board -- there's more than 12V going through this sucker on the audio channels so be careful!

Anyways, I emailed BK Butler about the schematics and he sent me the email address of a tech that used to fix these amplifiers. He's the one that told me about the piggy back board that was not included with these amplifier boards. Unfortunately I lost the address but this guy is still fixing them. He offerred to fax me the schematics but I didn't have a fax machine. He told me he was going to mail them to me but it never showed up.

If someone can get this address from BK Butler, you're half way there. I just hope he isn't sick about hearing about these amps.

-Henry

I imagine he is a bit sick of it as I emailed him too about the same thing. He said he knew where to get them, but I never heard back, I'm assuming that he would have given me the email address. If you can find the email address, I'm happy to provide my fax machine, and make some high res scan's of the schematics. Lemme know what you can find.

Jump the gun. And shoot me

At least wait until you get the board before making such negative comments aimed to discredit myself and my amps. I do think 5 minutes after paying is not long enough to assume the board I sold you was incomplete. What the (**( is that.

Upon full reading of this post one could easily note that I have several MK1 boards. Further more 2 months is enough time to possibly diagnose and solve any problems that were problems then.

OUT.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.