RE Audio - REal or inflated?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are the power specs on the RE Audio amps (specifically, the ZTX3000) that Parts Express has real or inflated? And by how much? Looking for 800-1000W/2R, class D to reduce my current draw and cabin heat. Replacing a couple of ordinary class B amps which put out about 400 real watts each, and are sufficient power for my LAB12Cs. I'd like to know if the ZTX3000 is the right one, or if I need the 5000 to get back to my original power level. And too much power would defeat the purpose. I'm ordering other stuff from there this week, so sourcing from there is preferable. But I do know the power specs from there are hit or miss, and that price is usually better to go on.

On a RElated note, does anybody make a good 150W/4R x2 that runs class H? Or do I just have to build it if I want it? Again, the goal is reduced current consumption - in this case for the mids.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.