Speaker Upgrade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Recently got my first car and I like my audio quality so decided to start off upgrading the front speakers in my car, at the time I wasn't willing to get an amp as I thought a simple speaker upgrade would be sufficient so I went with some Coaxials. I replaced the front speakers with a set of "Pioneer TS-G1723i 17cm 3-Way Coaxial Cone Speakers 240W". I then hopped in and started playing some music and noticed that the distortion coming from the back of the car was literally unbearable and so have had to make all the music come out the front two. (I have a chinese made media unit in the front that allows me to do this, with the old speakers I literally had to turn off the bass but with the new ones I can turn it up as I like)

Now I'm looking to change the back seat speakers and then potentially in the future installing one of these (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003USW08E) the speakers I were going to install were the smaller version of the ones I just put in the front doors "Pioneer TS-G1323i 13cm 3-Way Coaxial Speakers 210W" but would it be better to get a set of components if I'm looking to install the above subwoofer in the future?

The Stereo output is described as 4x50W if that information is any use.

So to sum up my main questions are:

Would it be worth getting component speakers in the back or go with the Pioneer TS-G1323i?

Also in regard to the linked subwoofer how would I wire it? I've had a look at the manual and can't seem to make any sense of it, some advice on this would be great to.

Manual: Pioneer TSWX610A - Support & Pictures
Car Unit: Android 4.2.2 Car GPS Sat Nav VAUXHALL OPEL ASTRA ZAFIRA VECTRA CORSA TIGRA 9781 | eBay

I have a slight idea but just need some confirmation, I'm guessing I would use the "Wiring Example 2 RCA input system" method, but in that they have an external amp, but there is one built into the unit, I can't seem to get my head round it.

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

Dan

Hi,

I like my audio quality

Any help would be great,
Thanks,
Dan

What car ?
What budget ?
Any specific needs ?

As a guide, don't buy cheap.
You will replace it 5 times before you realise you should've bought the good unit first time.

The below suggestion isn't the ultimate, but it is a damn good formula for a system you won't need to screw with for a very long time.

Throw out everything you have in the car now.
Apply some sound deadening to the floor and doors.
Install a decent head unit (pioneer seems good again these days).
Install a 4 channel amp (probably stick to pioneer, 4x 50 wrms is more than enough).
Make timber mounting plates for some avi speakers in the front doors.
Install a ~ 10" sub in a tuned enclosure in the boot.
Bridge two channels of the amp for the sub.

What car ?
What budget ?
Any specific needs ?

As a guide, don't buy cheap.
You will replace it 5 times before you realise you should've bought the good unit first time.

The below suggestion isn't the ultimate, but it is a damn good formula for a system you won't need to screw with for a very long time.

Throw out everything you have in the car now.
Apply some sound deadening to the floor and doors.
Install a decent head unit (pioneer seems good again these days).
Install a 4 channel amp (probably stick to pioneer, 4x 50 wrms is more than enough).
Make timber mounting plates for some avi speakers in the front doors.
Install a ~ 10" sub in a tuned enclosure in the boot.
Bridge two channels of the amp for the sub.

I don't want to replace my head unit as it's essentially a multi-media unit with gps etc.

Car: Vauxhall Corsa 64 plate
Budget: I'd say maybe £250-300

Would prefer to keep space in the boot (which is why I opted for the above linked subwoofer) I'm gonna be needing the whole of the boot in April so I may buy the cheap back seat speakers I linked above now and then upgrade in the coming months, that way I can save up and have more of a budget, how much do you think I'd be needing for a decent system?

What speakers were you recommending for the front as I can't seem to find any online?

Well, with a limited budget etc, why not just go for the same speakers back and front.
Different speakers can make it sound, terrible, if your not careful.

Mind you, I much prefer the sound coming from the front of the car.
Old adage - When was the last time you listened to music sitting backwards -

If your head unit has the ability to send bass only to one set of channels,
That'd be awesome as you could run the rears as bass only, keeping the localising mids and highs up front.

With a small budget you can forget the avi's.
AVI Sound International

Even cheaper, disconnect the rear speakers and be done with it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.