Taramps 50KW power on no sound output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hoping for some good help. I have a taramps 50kw and finally got it to turn on with out going to protection but still have no signal to the output drivers. never worked on something like this that requires so much high DC input voltage. And I dont read the manual. dont know the language.

Attachments

• 20150115_095627.jpg
    20150115_095627.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 307
Even if those claims are true, why would anyone need or even want that much power for anything less than a stadium? We already have plenty of a$$-hats roaming our (formally) quiet residential streets making way more than "enough" NOISE with only a couple kilo-watts. This kind of crap is ridiculous. And before anyone starts screaming "FREEDUM!" please remember; your right to swing your arm ends where my nose begins, that's how it must be to remain a civil society.
OK, rant over, and thanks for listening.

Mike

They are used for competition

Nope, I can pretty much guarantee that at least one of those will end up rattling my windows from six blocks away (literally.) And trust me, none of the vehicles around here are sound proofed or reinforced in any way, you can usually hear doors and trunk lids making more noise than their one note "woofers." I'm all for the "pursuit of happiness" and all that, but there's also the concept of civility, and that's what's missing here. Aside from all of that, I really don't get it, what is the point in making more noise than any human being should ever be exposed to?

Mike

Thanks Perry, I am using about 180 dc volts from a home brew rectifier that i just plug into the wall. it still takes 12 volt for the other end. there is a small switching supply in the audio input section. I found some bad zener diodes that were bad and replaced. also found that two of the ic's were in backwards. i guess Got someone eles's headache.

Michael Bean....
In my own opinion, if someone is asking for help and all you want to do is hate and bash on something keep it to yourself. That is the kind of stuff that doesnt need to be out there. There is enough going around as it is. This amp belongs to a friend who is the same age as myself (43) and is into competition not going up and down the neighborhoods. Dont reply to any of my posts anymore please. I was just trying to help a friend.
Bill

Thanks Perry, I am using about 180 dc volts from a home brew rectifier that i just plug into the wall. it still takes 12 volt for the other end. there is a small switching supply in the audio input section. I found some bad zener diodes that were bad and replaced. also found that two of the ic's were in backwards. i guess Got someone eles's headache.

For your safety, I hope there is a transformer between the AC outlet and the rectifier.

Yeah, its close to 50kw. it requires at the min 16 12 volt car batteries in series. and for the remote side a relay to supply 12 volt at 4 amps. it has a small switch mode in the input crossover section to boost the line level to drive the output section. Its alittle scary when its powered up to check voltages. The factory has ground off all the numbers to the transistors. Someone didnt mount the amp properly or something. There is a big arc mark on the case. Guessing that is why half the output fets have been replaced. The two bridge controlers were put in backwards. replaced them and the amp powerd up. Also replaced the DSP ic (28pin). Several zenar diodes were bad. Its been a handfull.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.