Alpine MRV1507 repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok. Before I detach the ps board again I made a discovery (accidentally) if I short the two legs furthest from the battery terminals on q801 the amp comes to life, no warning lights, all green, connect speakers and we have audio! Would you still like the resistance from q801 and q802?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither the board nor the component has a B on it. One leg has a white square and the others a white outline. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422009564.430102.jpg

Ok so I had to use a 1/4w 27k resistor. Measured 26.8k prior to install. Post install I get 13m and 2.3m across aforementioned legs of q801 and q802. And quite often get no reading (open loop) even if the probes are directly either side of the resistor.

Amp powers up with no remote and displays low voltage error. Fan only spins around half speed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.