New year amp question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Happy new year around the world!

Please help, i have lanzar 2000opti drive. The problem is distorted output signal, if i injected 100hz sine wave, it produces sawtooth like waveform at speaker terminal at 100hz also. Looking waveforms at +in of driver board i have a perfect audio signal but at -in shows a sawtooth like waveform with the same frequency. I believe speaker out follows -in signal
I dont have sch. Please help and happy new year!

I don't have a diagram for this amp but I should have something close. Email me.
babin_perry@yahoo.com

The 6th pin from the 'RCA' end of the amp on the driver board should transition from near positive rail voltage to near ground after the mute delay. Is that happening in this amp?

Yes perry, It happens. Transition from +75 to gnd
Previous history of this amp, the + rail accidentally touch to heat sink through drain output transistor
It play for a minute then blow out the negative rail bulk caps. I replaced defective capacitors.

You got.mail.

Last edited:
After I replaced the 2 identical BJT driver of the driver board(MPSA42), the amp gives a good music for few seconds then started to hear weird sound, the power supply current start to fluctuates high and low and these transistor becomes very hot.

I'm thinking I bought a counterfeit transistors I used 2N5501 and KPSA42(replacement maybe) but no luck.

Any input?

To get better air flowing over the transistors, you install them with long leads so that they're nearer the fan.

Attachments

• IMG_3915b.jpg
    IMG_3915b.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 40
I don't know. I've never used the 5501. From the specs, it appears that it would be OK but specs (for as much as I can understand them) don't tell everything.

One more thing... In some amps, they use better inductors that don't run hot. For those amps (clones like these), you can turn the fan around and blow it on the board directly.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.