Kicker ZX750.1 Output filter inductors Overheating

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got this amp with a bad PSU and output circuit , i replaced 2 mosfets on the output , all the 3205s and driver transistors on the PSU. After applying power, it was draining too much current ,so i replaced all the gate resistors on the PSU (originally 100 ohm ,replaced with 47 ohms) . The amp works and sound is clean but the large inductors near the relay on the output section get very hot after running for 15 minutes even with no speaker or RCA signal. Thanks in advance!

I took out all the 47 ohm and replaced with 100 ohm ,the amp works better ,but still gets hot after playing for 20 minutes. There are 3 caps 200v 10uf and the relay near the inductors that also get hot .
I did the test on the inductors as you suggested and there is no point getting hot faster than the rest.
I`ll upload a picture of the output section .
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 20141028_165406.jpg
    20141028_165406.jpg
    869.3 KB · Views: 61
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.