2nd gen 225hcca missing parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got 2nd gen 225hcca from guy cheap. he wasnt sure it worked so I got it as a project. After looking at it, I have found it's missing some parts. Can I get some help identifying somehings please? Also, this guy did some mods I believe so keep that in mind as to why some of these parts are missing.

1st the long black parts labeled "smt b 103" with 8 legs in a row, what are those? The one directly behind the mono button is missing.

2nd the white 8 pin IC on the boards edge is there, its the 2nd one in that is missing. Same as the other? Mct2 v138 I think that reads

3rd the only TO-220 part standing up between transformer and 4 1000uf caps. What is that?

4th the gain pot looks like its missing the 3rd stackable pot on the end because there are 3 holes where this one would go. Is that supposed to be an empty spot?

Lastly let's identify the parts along the edge as its missing one and another one is suspicous. Starting at power supply end orange side I got:

SMP60N06 same same same same 9146 6488 6488 Missing 6488 6491 6491 6491

Other side

SMP60N06 same same same same 9150 6491 6488 6488 6488 6491 6491 6491

Lastly there is a little plug in the DIN connector that has Kenwood on it and 3 pins. Purpose?

That's it except I need a bottom plate and the end plate where the power connector is. This guy rigged up a flat connector for all connections and I guess the end plate interfered with that. That, I imagine, will be me just keeping an eye out for spare parts online.

Thank you for your time if anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

1. resistor network. 4 isolated 120k ohm resistors
2. 6 pin? Opto-coupler. MCT2 is the part number
3. 2N6488. It's used in the rail voltage regulator circuit
4. There is a row of open holes. I think it was to allow two different pot types to be used. One row would be open regardless of which pot was used.

9146 and 9150 are the date codes (yyww). The part number is above that.

The missing part is a 2N6488.

In this amp, unless it was modified in some way, the plug serves no purpose and may cause problems. In older Kenwood equipment, they had shorting plugs to jump pins when no DIN accessory (EQ, etc) was being used.

Attachments

• P1010015x.jpg
    P1010015x.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 40
Awesome, thank you!

The ones along the rail i gave the date code on are; orange side FEP16CT and FEN16CT on the other.

Since those are just isolated resistors in that 8 in line package, i could put 4 10k resistors in its place if i wanted correct. . Will see how hard it is to find those in line packages first.

And yes the isolator ic is 6 pin. My bad.

Thank you again!

#3 or #5 didn't get answered. There is a part which i seen in a photo which was the only TO-220 Package which stands on end (straight up and down).

Then i had the part along the edge which is missing. . You mentioned 2N6488 and it sounds like you were answering the missing part along the edge. . Unless the vertical standing one is a 6488 as well and you were killing 2 birds with one stone. .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.