Porsche Boxster Silver Flute W17 6.5" ideas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the board and all the help.
Trying to figure out a very simple system for a 99 Porsche Boxster. Stock setup is 4" woofer and tweeter in the dash with a 5" "subwoofer" in a factory tuned door enclosure.

Proposing:
Alpine H/U(Crossover on H/U seems to low with 160hz being highest HPF/LPF setting)
Silver Flute W17RC38-04 6.5" Door Location(Doors sealed and deadened. LPF crossover at about 300hz)
Seas Prestige FU10RB H1600-04 4" Full Range Dash(HPF at 300hz )
RA480.4 - MB Quart 4-Channel(Channels 1 and 2 for dash speakers and either running bridged or individual channels for door speakers)
***No Subwoofer
Wondering if anyone has any feedback:
1. Letting 6.5's roll off on the low end to fill in missing sub.
2. 4" with no tweeter and playing high and clear enough.

Welcome to the forum,

IF your looking to add sub bass to your doors, maybe you could consider building the panels out a little and using these for "subs". They are Sundown x-6.5" speakers. They are deep, but give remarkable midbass/bass from sealed up doors.

Sundown X-6.5SW : First Video In-House - YouTube

Also American Bass has vfl-65mb that I personally own, and they are great. Also, a deep speaker, but not quite the sub like the sundown X is designed for. Its more of a solid mid bass that gets pretty low on a decent amount of power.

American Bass - VFL 65MB

Mine run from 63hz (24db slope) up to 1.2Khz (18db slope), then I use Hertz HD500 mids ( or something similar as these are discontinued, might also work for your application) from 1.2Khz (18db slope) to 4.5Khz, then a hertz tweet HT25 from 4.5Khz up.

Just some options, hope they help.

Last edited:
Hey Deadly, appreciate the suggestions. Those American Bass really move!!! I actually thought about building out the doors but decided against that and want to keep it fairly clean but nice sound. I chose the Silvers because of the depth also and not having to do major surgery on the doors. Thanks.

The X's would def have to make door pods (not much, just enough to clear your window going up and down).

The AB VFL's you might get away with. My doors have factory plastic "build outs" behind the factory panels, that were actually enough for me to add the AB's without any modifications at all. Just removed the factory speakers and added the VFL's. Stock panel back in place.

Maybe worth trying to look into. The VFL's are about 3-4" deep, I'd have to pull one out to measure it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.