JL Audio Output Inductor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, I attached some speakers, turned the bias back down and the voltage on the center leg of the diodes, inductors, and at the outputs is still +40, -27 volts. Do I need to feed the input with a signal and output a decent amount of power to measure or should just attaching the speaker load have been enough?

Disregard the measured values that I posted previously. My LCR meter appears to be badly out of calibration for inductance. I'm going to try to borrow one. If I cannot, I'll drive a high-frequency signal through the inductors and calculate the inductance.

There is no magnet wire that will be damaged by the heat produced by normal operation. Low temp wire is 'solder strippable'. High temp wire has to be stripped mechanically (possibly chemically but I don't know of any chemicals that melt the high-temp insulation).

I was wondering if you ever got a chance to measure the inductance value of a good output inductor on a 500/5?

Perry, I was wondering if you could confirm the valve of resistor R813 on the 500/5. In this amp it appears to have been very hot and burned most of the color marking bands off. It faintly looks like 2 orange, a black and a gold band. I believe it might be a 33 Ohm resistor.

Ok, its been a while but I've finally collected all the parts I think I need to get the amp back up and running. I've swapped everything out and powered it up. 4 channels all seem to work just as expected, sub channel also appears to be alive. I'm going to run it on the bench for a while to monitor its condition. Do you have any ideas of what would cause the output capacitors and inductors to melt down but leave the outputs and power supply section in working condition?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.