Hifonics hercules vi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hifonics hercules vi

I hope you can see, someone put some resistor on that place, but I am not sure is it correct value.

Attachments

• P1010125.jpg
    P1010125.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 89
  • P1010128.jpg
    P1010128.jpg
    756.7 KB · Views: 78
I don't see how you could have different bias voltage across the emitter resistors from one side to the other. I would expect the voltage across the resistors to be the same unless you have a leaky transistor that's causing excessive current through one of the resistors and no current is passing through the other 3 resistors.

I am very pleased with the sound it produced. Do you think I have to reduce offset a little because it gets warm faster? What do you think this resistor on R40a if it is not original resistance can it make some troubles? What do you think what happened when it fried that other amp trough the rca output?
Thank you!

Place the black meter probe on the amp's main ground and the red probe on the output RCA shield. Do you read more than a fraction of a volt (AC or DC)?

With the probe in place, twist/push/pull on the transformer. Does the voltage reading ever go higher than a fraction of a volt?

Are you 100% sure that the speaker wires from the Hifonics never made contact with the vehicle ground?

I would not be concerned with R40A. From the way the flux looks, I'd guess the amp has been working perfectly fine with it for many years.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.