Rockford Fosgate bd1000a1 Old school No sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got a free Rockford bd1000a1, not to be confused with a newer model. Board is labeled stardust, has old school heat sink and its a power series.

Amplifier powers on green(no protect mode), no sound. Not even a hint of a vibration. I have tried two sets of rca outputs from head unit, with two different cables. Checked rca connection, loose solder joint. Fixed solder joint, still nothing.

Tried using a headphone jack to rca cable from phone, still nothing. used headphone jack/wire stripped to bare wire at solder joint to bypass rca's, no luck.

Amplifier appears to have been worked on previously in the output section. output transistors are irf6215, irf3415. Can tell from sloppy solder job on mesha boards.

I'm assuming no voltage on output terminals as there is not a hint of anything from speaker. Also, have tried different speakers. Nothing,

All help is appreciated.

I'm having a hard time picking up the audio with the dmm. Oddly if I'm in the continuity mode , i can actually hear the music through the speaker on the dmm on most pins on the op amps.

You stated use the probe on the negative terminal, and other on pin. Which would leave me to assume to measure on dc volts, but I am under the impression the audio signal will be coming into the rcas in ac voltage. Should i measure in as or dc?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.