novice question- what speakers for tripath setup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
okay guys, please be gentle.

I have a truck, ill post a picture of it. It looks better now ive spent the last year restoring it.

anywhoo. I bought a very nice 2 channel alpine pdx amp, oh its soo nice.

but. I want to build a party into the passenger door, literally. and i would like to run this party with small 12v tripath amp, or amps.
I have an amp32, and I think i might buy some lepai or similar amps of ebay if i need more.

the reasoning is this. The truck is a session mobile. we drive up a mountain, into a forest, and get drunk. I want to be able to open the passenger door and have it supply sounds. But not murder the battery.

so. what speakers. Im thinking four speakers in the door. four big ones.

I have some big old pioneer 8 inch co-axials, ts-a2011. 4 ohm. They have a sensitivity of like 93db. I could wire these in (series,paralell, i can never remember which is which) to have the amp still see a 4 ohm load, and hopefully a lot of volume.

or, i could buy 4 beyma 8ag/n speakers, these are 8 ohm, and wire these in (series,paralell?) and have the amp see a 4 ohm load.

the poineers will be forgiving of whatever enclosure i put them in, - I'm not so sure about the beymas.

OR , i could be talking nonsense and i havnt a clue what im talking about. Maybe ye have a better idea or suggestions?
I have a decent budget for whatever i decide to go with, id love to hear your thoughts, please.

regards,
ned .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.