PPI pc6600.2 DC offset protection circuit info question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have a PPI PC6600.2 since brand new only owner. amp never over driven and taken care of.

Output FET transistors don't show any shorts, charring, or burnt. They look pristine. Under a magnifying glass, no other components look burnt either. Circuit traces all look pristine, no discoloring or disconnections.

B+ voltage adequate. no shorts or wiring issues with car. I tested with another amp. car side works perfectly.

the pc6600.2 is turning on and off with the green light flashing. The outputs aren't shorted, i checked the Emitter resistors of the output FET transistors and all same value.

Rail voltage ok.

This leads me to believe the DC offset circuit protection is wonky and kicking on and off.

Can anyone familiar with these protection circuit point me in the right direction to temporarily disable the protection circuit so i can test it without it for 5 seconds.

Love this amp and I want to save it. thanks!!

Last edited:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
just tried it. no go. still flashing.

its a 16pin IC. so bottom left pin is pin1 and pin 12 is 4th pin from top right.

I'm using a 5amp fuse on the test bench 12v supply just in case.

any other ideas? thanks Perry!

sg3525+ic+pin+out+explained.png

Last edited:
Yes, power supply is still supplying power to rest of board when green light is on. but still turning amp on and off along with the green LED.

Can't find any schematics online. would help so much! but i see why PPI wouldn't have those just lying around..

Anyway i can "turn off" channels 5 and 6 to see via a component desolder?

Last edited:
Yes, its barely audible since the it clips on and off. channel 5 and 6 is bridged. all outputs are 4 ohm speakers. I hear music for a split second. and on the test bench i measure voltages off all outputs when its on.

I will have to double check again to make sure tomorrow. Bare with me, I'm determined to save this amp! and share whatever knowledge/outcome with this thread.

Wish i had a Oscilloscope to troubleshoot versus a multimeter.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.