Concept HPN-1500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Amp powers up and plays ..

If i turn it up more then a 1/4 gain the output becomes very distorted..

I cant get it to distort on a bench it will play fine with the gain all the way up..

If i hook it up in a car anything over 1/4 gain the output will become very distoted ive tryed the amp in 2 different cars same results..

Any ideas??

Wondering could the HIP4080 possibly be bad or something else causing this?

Attachments

• Concept.JPG
    Concept.JPG
    318.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Concept1.JPG
    Concept1.JPG
    319.3 KB · Views: 83
There are lines on the large resistor near the 4080. Sometimes when that type of resistor fails, it will make lines like that... or does it look like someone wrote on it with a blue pen?

Did you use the same speaker when you tested it in the vehicles?

Did you measure the voltage across the power terminals of the amp when testing it in the vehicles?

What sort of power supply are you using on the bench to be able to drive it to full power?

Did you try adjusting your supply voltage on your bench from 12v to 14v to see if that was more likely to cause the problem to reoccur?

As a side note, a 46 amp power supply will not allow you to get more than about 400 watts out of an amplifier so you may have been driving it much harder in the vehicle than you were on the bench.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.