Help for replacement of mdp75n05hd in fosgate 200x2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The order of installation isn't important on this amp but remember that you need to clamp all components and either insert a small fuse or a current limiter to help protect the newly installed components.

If you want to check the gate drive signal, connect only the remote and ground and measure the DC voltage on the gate leg of all power supply FETs. They should all read about 5v.

Ok, all components in. Had to fix a small trace and then bolted it back into the heat sink. Grounded and remote lead powered I get 4.1v at the gate legs of the supply section, bios pots all the way down as well. Power it up, touch the remote lead and get no light and the 3 2200uf caps near the power connector started heating up so I killed the juice. I tested the caps and they all showed good with my meter but could they still be bad?

perry, I screwed up. when I took the caps out to test them I installed them in reverse polarity, that's why they were heating up when I powered the amp (brainless, stupid mistake). in any event, I removed them, tested them again and reinstalled them in the correct polarity. tested the drive signal with ground and remote and still got 4.128 volts or so on each supply FET. powered the amp up normally and still don't get the power LED to light up but there is no heat generated by any component (those mpsa56 still aren't in), amp draw is 1.2 amps. once I get the transistors in from mouser i'll update again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.