T1500-1bdcp Rockford fosgate

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is the layout essentially the same as the non-cp amp (below)?

Attachments

• IMG_2588x.jpg
    IMG_2588x.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 345
Something is differently wrong. With no input and a sub woofer connected the subwoofer will play a low frequency wave. Adjusting the crossover changes the frequency. If I touch the rca ground sheild the amp/ speaker cuts on and off making a lound noise.

I opened the amp up and noticed 2 of the large capacitors seem loose. If I hold/ move the 2 in a certain position the subwoofer stops playing that frequency.

2 of them were loose. I attempted to fix them. After getting it together it still has the same problem. The speaker moves in and out. If I touch the top of the large capacitor the speaker appears to stop moving.

I removed one of the caps. The board seemed fine. Ill try and pull the next one. Im a little frustrated. It took almost 30minutes to get one out. The solder did not want to flow

Last edited:
The board has pads and traces on both side.

If I touch the rca ground shields the speark will play a loud burst then turn off and on. I also noticed even without touch shields when I put my had close to shields it will effects the output also.

I am really lost and not sure where to look.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.