Source for Soundstream parts - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd March 2014, 04:42 PM   #1
rickcl is offline rickcl  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Source for Soundstream parts

I just wanted to make everyone aware again of a great source for Soundstream parts. I don't think I have sent Jaime a request he couldn't fill.
His Ebay ID is: jandrelectronix

Jaime's email is jandrelectronix@aol.com for any items you don't see on E-bay.

He had the RCA jacks for a REF405 in stock! Give him a try.
Old 23rd March 2014, 05:26 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

BUMP agreed the best !
Old 23rd March 2014, 05:45 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Another bump, repetitive customer...he takes good care of me.

He ships ASAP and I always got items within a week (or less most of the time).
Old 25th March 2014, 03:35 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Would like to comment that some of the soundstream stuff, the newer stuff anyway is actually identical to audiopipe. Just so your aware.
Old 25th March 2014, 03:46 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbates14 View Post
Would like to comment that some of the soundstream stuff, the newer stuff anyway is actually identical to audiopipe. Just so your aware.

Very believable what with the clones China has turning out for more then a decade now. But Jaime is old school SoundStream parts source from back when America use to build things that changed the world.... maybe this is why I get so many old school amps to restore nowadays, and folks want them original and just like new...I guess classic never dies, it just gets restored like new original..
Old 25th March 2014, 04:02 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Well to be honest, i very RARELY see old-school stuff. Most of the stuff I see day-to-day is all the throw-away chinese and korean garbage. samwha, you name it.

And I am getting quite good at repairing it. I get a lot of random crap wrong, its never just the typical smps/outputs and out the door anymore. Unless its a JL.

For example, hifonix/maxxsonics has a bad run of amplifiers right now. I am finding new amplifiers within a year or two old, with solder stringers everywhere. causing shorts, blowing **** up.

Heres a good story for you on that subject: Got a BRZ2400.1 in the shop. 2012 model. Looks like it was sent back to maxsonics for repair once, and they didnt fix the actual problem! they rebuilt the power supply only for it to blow up again in short order, because the toroid was arcing out in between the windings. Whoops, oversight on their part.

Then I got a BRZ2100.1 in. Fully wiped out, solder stringers from the wave process is everywhere. just like the BRZ2400.1

I compared the two amplifiers side by side. They are 100% identical electronically. The only difference that sets apart the 2100 from the 2400, it has 330uf 100v caps instead of 470uf 100v caps. Thats it.

You can take a BRZ2100.1 to a BRZ2400.1 just by swapping those caps out.
Old 25th March 2014, 04:28 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hifonics has never been the same since ZED stopped building their gear. All their Chinese gear lasted less then 2 years, maxxsonics bought the name out but even before that they had a bad run of shorted transformers with their prior off shore builder even before maxxsonics stepped in and took over.... China was the ruination of many a good name from the old days...or was it just plain cold greed???

I have also seen gear that was watered down and same boards used for two different power levels of an amplifier. It was also done inside the US by Rockford on their Grind amps, just add fets and caps and VIOLA double you amps capability, IF the toroid had the windings.

Wonders never cease i guess ? lol lol lol...
Old 25th March 2014, 04:38 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

I had an old school hifonix built by ZED at one time. it actually had weird issues. Only way I could get it to power on was jump a TEST pin then the amplifier worked. Asked steve for a schematic I think, and I told him what I did. He then jumped my Sh!t for doing that as runs over-voltage and screws up the filter caps by punching microscopic holes in the dielectric layer he said which is probably true.. Got into an argument over something stupid.

Anyway I ended up fixing that thing. the entire SMPS control board needed recapped. old enough now that the caps were shot. Once I recapped it, worked perfectly.
Old 20th July 2014, 06:42 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreamp View Post
Very believable what with the clones China has turning out for more then a decade now. But Jaime is old school SoundStream parts source from back when America use to build things that changed the world.... maybe this is why I get so many old school amps to restore nowadays, and folks want them original and just like new...I guess classic never dies, it just gets restored like new original..

Hi folks! I have lots of old school soundstream parts, as I used to build their boards and they left me with tons of old parts. Over the years I have sold some on Ebay, but that is LOTS of work. Today, I have begun to list them again, under the same user ID as here.

I will add to the listings when I can. I don't want to just throw away this suff, but it takes quite a bit of time to list these things, for very little profit.

Message me with any request and I will see if i have it.

Cheers!

Hide this!Advertise here!