Enclosure design for a mofo152x

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi rigtec,

So in answer to your question in the other thread, I really need to design better enclosures for my 15" subs. I have two mofo 152x subs that currently reside in a shared port Atrend B box. This enclosure is not ideal being just 2.15 cf per speaker and tuned to 41hz. I plan to build two separate enclosures. One on each side of the van, with the driver and ports positioned as far to the rear as physically possible.

The manufacturer recommends a 4 cf enclosure port tuned to 29.7hz. The actual usable frequency response of this driver appears to be 23hz - 100hz based on tests I've done thus far. I've done a lot of online research and found that people who have actually constructed enclosures for this driver suggest that a 4.5 to 5 cf enclosure worked better (went lower). They also claim that tuning it lower (20 - 22hz) worked for them but I'm wary of that. My opinion that somewhere between 28 - 30hz should be about right.

These are the published specs. Being as this info comes from Power Accoustic I would not assume it is 100% accurate. It may be worth the time and effort to determine the true specifications myself although I've never actually done it before.

MOFO-152X
Fs 24.07
Qms 6.103
Vas 3.761
Xmax mm 15
Xmech mm 22.5
Qes 0.48
Re 3.95
Znom 4
BL 21.00
Power (Watts) 1700
Qts 0.445
SPL 86.9
V.C. Size (in.) 2.5
V.C. Imp DVC 2
Cut-out 14.125
Depth 8.125

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.