Can I use 9540N with IRF540?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I bought a pair of IRF9540's but they are N version. I bought them because I was desperate to get my one and only amp working already. But on the listing for the fets I purchased said 'IRF9540' lead me to be thinking great non N version fet! Well I received them today not what I was looking for.

Anyway is it possible I can use these while the rest of the fets are just IRF540 & IRF9540? In the channel I'm repairing I already have two new IRF540's jisheng need some P channels in to complete it.

Here's what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    536.9 KB · Views: 94
Some people say they have used the N version in rockford amps with no problems ..

Every time I've used the N versions I've had problems and they blew within 20 mins..

Perry also suggests not using the N versions in rockford amps

I'm going to try return these I paid a good amount for these I'm a kinda disapointed the seller didn't say what they were.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.