Audiopipe AP1800D to 120v conversion help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, can you bounce that copy to me? I would like to see this manual.

Also, the reason why those rectifiers have separate windings on the toroid, is because they are isolated ground reference.

Check your IRF640 output transistors for shorts, when the power supply explodes that bad, its probably because the outputs went with it!

Hey, can you bounce that copy to me? I would like to see this manual.

Also, the reason why those rectifiers have separate windings on the toroid, is because they are isolated ground reference.

Check your IRF640 output transistors for shorts, when the power supply explodes that bad, its probably because the outputs went with it!
Thanks! I actually got it running with a transformer from an old sony 5.1 reciever. This thing is a beast. I had it put out a couple of hundred watts and everything was ice cold! Ill try to get you that copy tonight, my computers hard drive decided to die. Now the only thing left for me is to get rid of the slight 60 hertz hum and i have a monster of a home theather amp!

Thanks! I actually got it running with a transformer from an old sony 5.1 reciever. This thing is a beast. I had it put out a couple of hundred watts and everything was ice cold! Ill try to get you that copy tonight, my computers hard drive decided to die. Now the only thing left for me is to get rid of the slight 60 hertz hum and i have a monster of a home theather amp!

If you have some more filter caps (and they are rated properly), you might want to stick them on the supply to reduce the hum.

I am working on making full wave rectifiers instead of the built in half wave ones to hopefully reduce hum. Also im wondering how the protect function will work now if anyone knows? Here is the manual i used to get it running.

Attachments

• AP15001D-30001D.PDF
    811.8 KB · Views: 45
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.