hifonics brutus elite 2500.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just had this exact issue with my BRZ2100D.1D and could not find anything wrong. Came across this thread in my search and took another look at the board.

Close examination revealed L1 and L3 had visible damage and L1 tested open. Replaced it and my amp is working tonight. Thank you! I was just about to give up on this and buy a new amp.

Attachments

• brz2100d_L1-2-3-4.jpg
    brz2100d_L1-2-3-4.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Just curious and more..I have 4pcs Ground Zero Plutonium 4000mk2 in repair and they look as similar as they could possibly be.
I don´t have schematic for these GZ´s so I´m thinking that perhaps I could use some Hifonics diagram :)

E: Similar with these Hifonics amps....

yQQI.jpg

It´s a bit late here so I took the first one that came across :D
This one is a little prototyping version, powersupply control has been made with MIC4427 (the board was burned so badly so I had to figure out something :) ), few output FETs are missing and output driver board is still missing but you got the picture.....

whats it doing?

Sorry..didn´t understand. What is doing what?
If you mean that amp in the picture, there´s nothing special -> it was burned power section and blowed output FETs but it´s working properly now, only install the rest of the parts :)
I just meant that I do not have a schematic for this amp (GZPA 1.4000DXII) so I was thinking that maybe some Hifonics amp would be near.

E: These are very common amps used here in Finland so this won´t be the first nor last time this kind of GZ needs repair so it would be great to have schematic.

Last edited:
Hi rrae, thank you for your effort! :)

Yes I do have both +/- 15V on every opamp, I just tracked down the problem with scope and it seems that signal is going into output driver board but nothing is coming out - so the problem is on the driver board.
Looks like the fault is in U3 -> TL072C, signal goes in but no output at any of the other pins of that opamp.....

Okay..the problem is not in the driver board. I changed all 3 opamp´s on that driver board and have still no sound at output terminals.
I tested this driver board in another amp and it worked fine. Strange thing is that signal really seems to go in driver board but won´t come out, but still the issue is in main board :D

Does anyone have any ideas for this one? I don´t know what to measure anymore..or were to look at. All +/-5, 12 (to rail voltages 88/100V) and 15V are ok.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.